Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATIONS & MISSED APPOINTMENTS
If you fail to attend an appointment or reschedule or cancel with less than 48 hours notice (ie: two full working days), you will liable to pay for the missed appointment in full. No exceptions. The Pain Physio will reserve the right to then request for all future appointments to be paid for in advance.
Please note that medical insurance companies will not pay for missed appointments or late cancellation fees, so the patient will be fully responsible to pay for any incurred charges.
In the event of unreasonable or repeated appointment cancellations, The Pain Physio will reserve the right to:
- Request a non-refundable, full advance payment for all future appointments.
- Charge an administrative fee of £20 or 10% of the consultation fee (which ever is greatest) to all cancellations regardless of advance notification.
MODES OF PAYMENT
We accept cash, bank transfer and most major debit and credit cards. Please note that when paying with a non-UK credit card it may incur a small administrative fee.
All initial consultations must be paid for in advance no later than 7 days before the appointment date. Follow up consultations are due payment on the day
Any invoices issued must be settled within 7 days of the issuing date. Failure to do so may result in extra charges (interest).
Continued non-payment without prior agreement with ‘The Pain Physio’ will result in your case being transferred to a debt recovery agency. This will incur further fees and may affect your credit rating.
All initial consultations are 60 minutes (this can be extended on request, if clinically indicated, for complex cases or for those travelling from far and needing an extended consultation) . The fee is £195/hr
After your initial consultation your clinician will decide on the most suited follow up requirement for your particular needs. This can be:
- 30 minutes – The fee is £100
- 45 minutes (standard) – the fee is £150 *
- 60 minutes – The fee is £195
- 90 minutes – The fee is £295
If you have NOT had a clinical consultation in the previous 3 months, or if you are attending for a new complaint, your consultation will be classed as a New Assessment (as the complaint will require an extended full clinical re-evaluation). The fee will be the same as for an initial consultation.
* For patients requiring multiple consultations, we offer a discounted rate of £125 for a standard 45 minute consultation (saving you £100 over 4 consultations). To benefit from this discount you must have attended at least one consultation within the previous 4 week period. Advance payment required. Discounted fees are non refundable. This discount is only available to one standard 45 minute consultation per week. It excludes double sessions and any other appointment that is not the standard 45 minute consultation. The fee is otherwise £150 for 45 minutes. The Pain Physio reserves the right to withdraw any offers at any time.
It is our understanding that you will be self funding for your consultation. Should you intend to claim through any medical insurer, please note that we shall still request that you self pay on the day of your consultation. An invoice/receipt will be issued so that you can claim back from your insurer any reimbursement due.
With regret, “The Pain Physio” has taken the decision to no longer accept AXA PPP, BUPA UK, Vitality, Aviva or Simply Health insurance claims.
We still accept most other major medical insurers including BUPA International, Cigna, The Exeter and WPA. Please note that you must have a valid claim/authorisation number from your insurer prior to your consultation. We also strongly recommend that you check with your insurance provider their terms and conditions with regards to the extent of your physiotherapy cover BEFORE your initial consultation.
“The Pain Physio” cannot guarantee that your medical insurer will cover our consultation fees and will not accept any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any shortfalls or non-payment of invoices by your medical insurer.
OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
The Pain Physio reserves the right to withdraw any offers or discounts at any time without notice.